MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
Bay Day First Aid Station – Northwest VT MRC 8:00 am
Upper Valley MRC General Meeting – Upper Valley MRC 5:30 pm
Upper Valley MRC General Meeting – Upper Valley MRC @ VA Medical Center
Jul 10 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Join the Upper Valley MRC Unit at their General Meeting to meet the volunteers and work on upcoming projects for the summer.
Misting and Cooling Tent Station Rave Car Show – Rutland/Addison MRC 10:00 am
Misting and Cooling Tent Station Rave Car Show – Rutland/Addison MRC @ Rutland State Fair Grounds
Jul 13 @ 10:00 am – Jul 14 @ 8:00 pm
Help the provide some relief from the heat! Come join the Rutland/Addison MRC in providing a Cooling Tent Station at the Rave Car Show. COOLING Tent- misting spray from 16 snake misters suspending in a[...]
Central VT MRC Monthly Meeting 6:00 pm
Preparedness Training- Lamoille Valley MRC 4:00 pm
Preparedness Training- Lamoille Valley MRC @ Morrisville Local Health Office
Jul 25 @ 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Join the Lamoille Valley MRC at this Personal Preparedness training. When disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan[...]
Barre Heritage Festival Summer Preparedness Table 9:00 am
Barre Heritage Festival Summer Preparedness Table @ Barre, VT
Jul 26 @ 9:00 am – Jul 27 @ 11:00 pm
Join the Central VT MRC for a Summer Preparedness Table at the Barre Heritage Festival. Handing out pamphlets and summer prep kits (sunblock, tick info, & etc). Link: http://www.goodbeginningscentralvt.org/event/barre-heritage-festival/
Subscribe to filtered calendar