MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/Family PreparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure. Take FEMA Course IS-100.C.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS. Take FEMA Course IS-700.B.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
2020 Annual Potluck and Awards – NEK MRC 5:30 pm
2020 Annual Potluck and Awards – NEK MRC @ St. Johnsbury District Office
Jan 8 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Come Join the Northeast Kingdom MRC at the units Annual Potluck and Awards meeting! The group will review all the great work accomplished in 2019, recognize volunteers for their service hour, and schedule activities for[...]
Prevention 101: Basics of Substance Misuse – NEK MRC 5:00 pm
Prevention 101: Basics of Substance Misuse – NEK MRC @ Newport Office of Local Health
Jan 23 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Join the Northeast Kingdom MRC at their volunteer meeting. Topic Presentation: Prevention 101 – the Basics of Substance Misuse.
Northern Vermont UniversityMRC Table – NEk MRC 11:00 am
Subscribe to filtered calendar