MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/family preparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
2019 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference
2019 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference @ Hilton Burlington
Oct 31 – Nov 3 all-day
The 2019 VT Healthcare & EMS Preparedness Conference is approaching on October 31 to November 3rd! Speakers from all across the country and locally are speaking on a number of great topics in Healthcare &[...]
Winter Preparedness – LV MRC 1:00 pm
Stop the Bleed – Lamoille Valley MRC 7:00 pm
Stop the Bleed – Lamoille Valley MRC @ Morristown EMS Training Center
Nov 7 @ 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Stop the Bleed is a national awareness campaign and call-to-action. Stop the Bleed is intended to cultivate grassroots efforts that encourage bystanders to become trained, equipped, and empowered to help in a bleeding emergency before professional help arrives. Stop[...]
Community Roundtable on Vulnerable Populations – NW VT MRC 9:00 am
Community Roundtable on Vulnerable Populations – NW VT MRC @ St. A Museum
Nov 8 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
We will be hosting community service providers to discuss services that they provide to vulnerable and homeless populations throughout our community. The purpose of this roundtable is to help bridge gaps in services provided and[...]
Therapy Dogs of Vermont Mock Crisis Training 9:00 am
Therapy Dogs of Vermont Mock Crisis Training @ Berlin Armory Heliport
Nov 9 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Therapy Dogs of Vermont (TDV) are requesting MRC’s help for volunteer actors for their 1st certification test for the Dogs Crisis Response program. TDV is conducting a test which is a mock crisis event on Saturday, April 20th[...]
Hepatitis C Presentation/MRC Meeting – NEK MRC 5:30 pm
Hepatitis C Presentation/MRC Meeting – NEK MRC @ St. Johnsbury Office of Local Health
Nov 13 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Join the Northeast Kingdom MRC at their monthly meeting for a presentation on Hepatitis C and ICS Training. Hepatitis A is a vaccine-preventable, communicable disease of the liver. Hepatitis C is a liver infection that can lead[...]
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training – NW VT MRC
Youth Mental Health First Aid Training – NW VT MRC @ St. Albans District Office
Nov 23 all-day
Youth Mental Health First Aid training with Mary Pickener. NCSS offered the Mental Health First Aid training last year, this year we are focusing on youth and can bring the session to our membership. [...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar