MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/Family PreparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure. Take FEMA Course IS-100.C.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS. Take FEMA Course IS-700.B.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
Sundays in Peacham – NEK MRC 12:00 pm
Sundays in Peacham – NEK MRC @ Peacham Farmer Market
Sep 5 @ 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Join the Northeast Kingdom (NEK) MRC in providing preparedness information, Stop the Bleed Training, NARCAN / NALOXONE training and recruiting more MRC volunteers at the Peacham Farmers Market throughout the summer.
Monthly Meeting (In-Person with First Aid Training ) – NEK MRC 5:30 pm
Monthly Meeting (In-Person with First Aid Training ) – NEK MRC @ St. Johnsbury Health Dept. Office, 107 Eastern Avenue
Sep 8 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Northeast Kingdom MRC will be an in-person volunteer meeting, with First Aid and CPR skills check off training included. Come see and meet fellow volunteers and help plan activities for future events.
Subscribe to filtered calendar