MRC training is offered throughout the year, with times and topics varying from unit to unit. Find upcoming training events for your unit.
As a volunteer, you will be required to undergo training in:
- Personal/Family PreparednessWhen disaster strikes, the most important concern is you and your family’s safety. A course in personal or family preparedness helps you create a plan and disaster supply kit, so that you are prepared for the next disaster.
- Incident Command System (ICS)ICS is a standardized system for command and coordination of an emergency response that allows responders to adopt an integrated organizational structure. It is important for all response volunteers, both MRC and EMS, to understand the Incident Command System, so that they know their role in the ICS structure. Take FEMA Course IS-100.C.
- National Incident Management System (NIMS)NIMS is a systematic approach to guide all levels of government, non-government, and private sector organizations to work together seamlessly and manage incidents of all threats and hazards. ICS is a subcomponent of NIMS. Take FEMA Course IS-700.B.
- Psychological first aid/Disaster mental healthDisasters create a high stress environment and can affect everyone in different ways. It is important to understand stress management, and mental health support for yourself, disaster survivors and responders.
- Points of Distribution (POD)PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be activated in the event that the dozens of Points of Distribution sites across Vermont are activated.
Training does not need to be completed immediately, but some events may require specific training before participation. Your unit may also offer training in additional topics.
First Aid Station Youth Ice Fishing Derby Dewy’s Pond Event – Upper Valley MRC 7:00 am
First Aid Station Youth Ice Fishing Derby Dewy’s Pond Event – Upper Valley MRC @ Derby Dewy’s Pond
Feb 1 @ 7:00 am – 12:30 pm
Please join the Upper Valley MRC in staffing a First Aid Station at the Annual Youth Ice Fishing Derby Dewy’s Pond Event.
First Aid Station for FUN RUN 5K Hartford Parks and Recreation – UV MRC 10:00 am
First Aid Station for FUN RUN 5K Hartford Parks and Recreation – UV MRC @ Dothan Brook School
Feb 2 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Join the Upper Valley MRC in helping to provide a first aid station at the Hartford Parks and Recreation FUN RUN 5K.
Stop the Bleed Training & Bi-Monthly Meeting – R/A MRC 6:00 pm
Stop the Bleed Training & Bi-Monthly Meeting – R/A MRC @ Brandon Area Rescue
Feb 12 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Join the units members at the Rutland / Addision MRC bi-monthly to learn about the volunteer program. This meeting will focus on a train the trainer for Stop the Bleed Course and the upcoming POD[...]
ICS Interrelationships Training/Meeting – NW VT MRC 5:00 pm
ICS Interrelationships Training/Meeting – NW VT MRC @ St. Albans District Office
Feb 13 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Come learn about the Northwest Vermont MRC! Meet the volunteers and learn about all the great work they do. This meeting topic will focus on Vermont’s ICS interrelationships between the SEOC/ HOC/ DOLEOC. Don’t know[...]
CPR, AED and First Aid Training- NEK MRC 5:30 pm
CPR, AED and First Aid Training- NEK MRC @ St. Johnsbury Office of Local Health
Feb 24 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Join the MRC and get certified in CPR and First Aid training. Includes include CPR for infants, children and adults. Before class, please make sure to take the online component. Please bring your receipt with[...]
POD Set Up Exercise – R/A MRC 12:30 pm
POD Set Up Exercise – R/A MRC @ Glenbook Gymnasium Castleton University
Feb 28 @ 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Join the Rutland / Addison MRC for POD (Point of Distribution) set-up exercise. PODs are a mechanism for distributing medicine to those at risk during a public health emergency. Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will be[...]
Subscribe to filtered calendar